Sunday, May 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies at 8am on a Sunday! What was I thinking!

ahah this pic is hilarious!

So my mom says "Man, I've really been craving peanut butter, I think I have had some everyday this week"! Insert chime noise here. OH I know I'll make peanut butter cookies!

When I was a kid my mom would make cookies for days and days around the Christmas holiday. So many to the point the smell of a cookie almost made you ill. But man can my mom bake a cookie!! Woo!!

I searched the house for the old crusty Betty Crocker cookbook she got all her magic recipes from and couldn't find it so I did a net search and combined a few recipes together and came up with this!

The cookies are really good! I added way more peanut butter than any of the recipes called for and I cut the sugar in half. My own personal preference. I really don't like overly sweet anything.

So  here is a little photo montage and the recipe! Enjoy!!!

Ingredients


1 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup white sugar (I used 1/2 a cup

1 cup peanut butter (I used 2cups, I'm a rebel)

1 cup shortening (I used salted organic butter because it's yummy and all I had)

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 tablespoons hot water

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 eggs

Directions

1.Mix sugars, peanut butter, and shortening. Add baking soda to the hot water. Add to mixture. Stir well.

2.Stir in the eggs. Add the flour. Roll dough into balls.

3.Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Press with fork dipped in water to make criss-cross design. Bake at 350 - 375 degrees F (175 - 190 degrees C) for about 8-10 minutes.
 
And now for the photos! I know you can hardly contain yourself!! ahahaa!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Keep On Making Stuff!
xox
Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment