Friday, April 30, 2010

Spinach Stuffed Manicotti

Well I don't look Italian but I assure you I am! No really I am! I have a beautiful tiny Italian Grandma to prove it!!

I had to call on my Italian heritage for this one! I think it worked. Granted it could use some work like all new recipes but heck I think for my first try at a pasta like this I didn't do so shabby.

Here is the recipe I made up as I went and some pictures. If you ahve any suggestions please feel free to drop me one I always love pointers.



What you will need:
12 manicotti shellls (some always tear so make enough to cover that)
3.5 cups ricotta cheese
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
1 cup grated frech mozerella cheese
1 egg
2 teaspoons dried basil
4 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (I make mine from scratch but you can always use your fav jar sauce)

Directions:
***In a large pot of water (I add 1/4 cup of olive oil so the dont stick) boil pasta shells until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
***Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
***In a large bowl, combine spinach, mozzarella cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, and Italian. You can do this with a anything you like, me personally I used my hands to make sure it was all mixed well.
***Pour 1 cup of your spaghetti sauce into a 8x12 inch baking pan, make sure it is spread evenly.
***Fill each shell with the spinach and cheese mixrure (i again used my hands).
***Place shells in pan. Spoon the rest of your spaghetti sauce over shells.
***Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until shells are heated through.

I grated a little extra parm and mozz to melt over the top when it was done and wooo it was good!

I hope you enjoy this recipe and like I said please feel free to comment with any tips or alterations you may have made to the recipe.

xox
barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment