Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blackberry Yogurt Muffins


I should call these hangover muffins after all the drinking I did last night, but I feel great. I probably can't say the same thing for Jay though ahaha!! Gotta love holiday weekends!

Well it's a hot day and yes I again thought "hey I should kick up the oven for a hour at 375 and bake something" needless to say sometimes my ideas are great but don't necessarily make sense ahahha!!

I bought the most amazing blackberries from Eastern Market and they were just begging me to bake them into something. I pondered and searched. Then VOILA! It was right in front of me. This is a moderate adaptation of the recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cook Book!

Enjoy

3 cups mins 2 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 heaping cup of plain yogurt
2 cups blackberries
1 tablespoon vanilla

Preheat your oven to 375. Grease your pan

In medium size bowl mix flour, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder.
In another medium sized bowl mix together oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, and yogurt. (I used a whisk for all of this I didn't even need my hand mixer)
Once you have your wet ingredients mixed slowly add in the dry make sure its mixed completely. Now gently stir in the blackberries

Now the fun part. I used an ice cream scoop and fill each cup about 3/4 of the way.

Pop those babies in the oven for 20-25 mins. I took mins out at 23 mins and they came out perfect!

These are super simple! I think next time i might sprinkle a little raw sugar on them for a little extra sweetness.

Keep on Making Stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment