Sunday, June 6, 2010

I never keep anything I bake in the house! Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

Sunday morning is my baking morning. Plus it has been one heck of a week my pretties so a little baking to decompress never hurt anyone.

I decided today was oatmeal cookie day. Chewy oatmeal butterscotch cookie day actually.

I think these could be spruced up a bajillion ways.Since I am making these for this really nice fellla i know, he made it pretty clear he likes oatmeal butterscotch. so that is what is on my agenda today I have also made them with craberries! Trust me ladies it's true a way to a mans heart is thru is stomach! *wink*


It's a rainy day today and my witty banter is taking a nap so here it is... my usual pictures and recipe!

Enjoy and Keep Making Stuff!

Ingredients


1 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

3 cups quick cooking oats

Directions

1.In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture, Mix in oats. Don't forget to add a cup of your butterscotch chips or whatever you would like to mix in as well. . Cover, and chill dough for at least 30 mins.

2.Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.

3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

For a softer cookie you may want to take them just a minute or so before you think they are done. This will keep them nice and chewy.







Oh and on a sad note my most favorite measure cup had an unfortunate accident. I was very sad about this! RIP favorite measuring cup!

2 comments:

  1. Nice cookies Barbie!
    So glad to see you blogging! ;)
    Hey, you should be a guest blogger on my blog sometime!
    About measuring cups --- never buy glass ones!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your website is awesome and I miss you two. I went to eastern market this week-end and used my handy directions to find r. hirt. Hope to talk to you soon

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete