Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eggplant Parm for one

Being the sexy single lady that I am sometimes it's hard to make things in a serving just for one. But this eggplant oh the eggplant! So fantastic!! I want to make this everyday!!!

Randazzo's had baby eggplant so super cheap I couldn't help myself. Ever since Steve's Mom made eggplant on Memorial Day I have been jonesin' for it!!

So here it is my easy eggplant parm for one.




What you will need:
1 baby eggplant
1/4 olive oil
2-3 eggs
1/3 skim milk
3-4 cups of Italian seasoned bread crumbs. qty depends on the size of your eggplant
1/3 of fresh shredded mozzarella

Directions:
Peel and slice the eggplant. Medium thickness.
Mix eggs and milk
Put your bread crumbs on a plate

Now pour your olive oil in a skillet and heat till its just crackling

Quickly dip each slice of eggplant in your egg mixture. DO it quick because eggplant holds a lot of moisture and you don't want a soggy dinner.
Do this step twice to get a nice coating of bread crumbs on the eggplant.

Gently place in the hot oil for about 2-3 minutes per side depends on how dark or light you want them

While I was doing this I also made up a little pasta and quickie tomato sauce.

The tomato sauce was so simple. 1 can of tomato past and 1 can of diced tomatoes. Heat and season to taste.

Voila! Simple eggplant parm for one. Well one plus lunch the next day!

Enjoy
&
Keep on Making Stuff!




my yummy dinner! Oh! Don't forget the vino! It's essential!

1 comment: