Friday, November 11, 2011

Banana Pumpkin Bread and a little update on me

Oh hey! I’ve been gone for a few. You see my office moved a hour away, it was summertime.

So much has happened since my last post. An update would take way too long so let me just say this summer was filled with fun, friends, love and happiness!!

Back to the reason we came here…..FOOD!!

The best thing about fall cooking is pumpkin. I love pumpkin anything.

I had these bananas waiting so patiently for me to eat them and I just couldn’t so I did what any responsible person would do. I found something delish to bake them in so they wouldn’t go to waste! DUH!

Being early November I have been dying to bake/make something to eat with pumpkin. So on my search for a new banana recipe I found this on one of my fav blogs! If you are watching your weight or just trying to eat right then this recipe is right up your alley. I am have made so many recipes from this site we would be here all day if I went on about how awesome and delicious everything is!

Best thing is if you are on WEIGHT WATCHERS this has the calorie break down AND she shows the points per slice. HI SHE MADE IT SO EASY!! So if you are keeping your mind right and your body tight browse this site you will love it!! Gina is a gift from the yummy food gods!!

OH OH!! So I mashed the banana then I added the pureed pumpkin, tossed in my pumpkin spice and the brown sugar. Let’s just say this mixture could be eaten by itself. Holy cow! SO GOOD!! Almost like a pumpkin butter. Ok sorry I got side tracked day dreaming about it on vanilla bean ice cream!

This is right from the site, I followed it exactly, no modifications for a change!

Enjoy and Keep on Making Stuff!!

Pumpkin Banana Bread
From Skinny Taste.com

Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 12 slices (1 loaf) • Serving Size: 1 slice • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 146.5 • Fat: 2.7 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 2.7 g
Ingredients: 
Pam baking spray
3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves*
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg*
3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
1 large egg white
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional, 5 pts+ per slice if using)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, egg, bananas, pumpkin and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture and nuts (if using), then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on the center rack for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
* 1 tsp of pumpkin spice can be substituted for cloves and nutmeg.


No comments:

Post a Comment