Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Barkie VonSchnauzer Treats


Anyone who knows me you know my dogs have the best personalities. Lucy is such a sweet girl but will show you who's boss at the drop of a hat and Charlie he loves the ladies and will flirt with you to get your spot on the sofa.

Stinkers they are indeed but I love them!

I've had a dog my entire life so to be able to make them actual dog treats was so fun for me. Just a couple dog bone shaped cookie cutters and some simple ingredients and a hour later....WOOF!!! Dog Treats!!

My furry friends really loved these treats, I could have gave them the entire batch but I have super powers now that help me resist the sad puppy eyes! ahaha!

I hope you and your pups enjoy these as much as me and my crazy hounds did!

On a said note since the ingredients are all natural and organic YOU can actually eat them too...now they are not going to taste like much of anything but you can still eat them.

I may or may not have tasted one ahaha!

What you will need....
1 cup of peanut butter (I used trader joes organic peanut butter)
1 cup of skim milk or low fat milk
1 cup of whole wheat flour
2 table spoons of honey (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 300F

Mix peanut butter and milk(add milk gradually) until smooth and creamy
slowly add in the wheat flour and honey if you want to add it. I have also seen recipes where people add fish oil.
once mixed it one be too doughy it will be thick and heavy.
flour your surface and rolling pin
separate dough into 2 parts.
roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness
cut into small slices or use a cookie cutter of choice. I used a dog bone shaped one.

treats wont expand so you can place them very close on the cookie sheet.

Bake at 300F for 35-40 mins until crisp.

Simple as that.

Enjoy and Keep on Making Stuff!






it smelled and looked just like regular peanut butter cookie dough

guess who didn't have her rolling pin handy and smooshed the dough out by hand...ugh that was not fun



all cooked and crispy ready for a puppy taste testing

awww look its Lucy(Lulu) she would sit with this on her nose all night if i told her to. She's such a good girl!! And so photogenic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment