Thursday, October 28, 2010

Best Ever Zucchini Bread

I'm just going by what the recipe said here people! Since Gigi is one my most bestest friends in the universe and also a fantastic blogging diva herself I know she would not steer me wrong.

Now I was going to make the zucchini bread she already has on her blog because frankly I had some and it was bread-tastic! I sent her a question about the moisture of the zuch and she said she had another recipe to try and this is how she described it, " the first time I had it, I was like “omg, what is this?” the girls neighbor brought it over, and I begged and begged for the recipe. That was like over a year ago and I can still remember the taste. It was literally like eating a candy bar or like drinking melted chocolate. Honestly, one of the best things I have ever had in my entire life." - Gigi
 
You heard the lady she said its like drinking melted chocolate! So umm yea! I cannot even come up with anything better than that so here you go!
 
Enjoy & Keep On Making Stuff!
 
Best Even Chocolate Zucchini Bread
from The Gigi Show
 
4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted (i ran out of baking chocolate so i used half a bar of regular dark chocolate)
3 cups flour
1 tsp flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 cups sugar (i only used 1.5 cups)
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups oil
3 cups grated zucchini (once you grated squeeze the heck out of it to get a majority of the moisture out)
Directions:
preheat oven to 350
lightly grease 2 loaf
sift dry ingredients together and set aside
beat eggs until thick
slowly add sugar
add oil, vanilla and melted chocolate
beat on low until blended
slowly add dry ingredients
and slowly mix in zucchini
bake for 65-75 minutes - makes 2 loaves

add nuts if desired or we even thought adding a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips would be even more sinful









take some to work like I did and your co-workers will thank you, they won't have to get mystery breakfast from the cafe now!


No comments:

Post a Comment