Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm Irish, I eat potatoes, I eat a lot of potatoes!

You know when the grocery store has those giant bags of potatoes on sale for so cheap you buy one because you cannot pass up a bargain...then when you get home you look at this 20 pound bag of potatoes and say WHAT THE HELICOPTER AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL OF THESE POTATOES?????

I made mashed ones, fried ones, made soup, shredded them, baked them...everything I could think of.
That is until I was reading The Pioneer Woman website and saw this recipe! OK first off let me just tell you prior to saving this recipe I saved ohh maybe 100 others! I mean seriously this woman is spectacular! WOW!!

Along with these lovely potatoes I made my soy glazed mushrooms you can find the recipe here on my blog and some of the most delish chicken breasts I have ever bbq'd!

So enough of the jibba jabba as Mr. T once said, and on with the recipe and the yummy photos.

Enjoy and Keep On Making Stuff!
Ingredients


■12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)

■3 Tablespoons Olive Oil

■Kosher Salt To Taste (i used trader joe's sea salt)

■Black Pepper To Taste

■Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste (i used parsley and oregano too)

Preparation Instructions

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil. (i don't have a potato masher so I used the bottom of a sauce pan. there is a picture below of the smashing ahaha)
Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.




and Voila! a really amazing simple dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment