Friday, August 6, 2010

mmmm beer! mmm bread! together make Beer Bread

My grandparents gave me their bread maker but it was missing the directions. But since the bread bug bit me I had to make some bread, bread maker or not. I heard rumors about beer bread and it's greatness so I searched until I found a recipe that caught my eye. I honestly do not think I could have found a more awesome recipe!!

I found it here on Ezra Pound Cake. She has about a bazillion great recipes original and borrowed. Check it out I think you will find something you like. If anything make this beer bread it is all kinds of yummy!!

My most adorable BF enjoyed it, I think he may be partial though ahahaha!
aww it's my favorite martian!
I wouldn't post this if it didn't knock my flip flops off!

So make this...smear it with butter while its still warm, or with some of your fav jam or really just about anything. Heck it's perfect just plain.

Oh and sing into your wooden spoon like it's a mic. It's fun!!
As always here is the recipe.

Enjoy and Keep On Making Stuff

Makes 1 loaf

•3 cups all-purpose flour

•3 tablespoons sugar
•1 tablespoon baking powder

•1 teaspoon salt

•1 bottle (12 ounces) beer (i used my fav Blue Moon)
•1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted (Note: Feel free to reduce to 1/4 cup.)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-x-5-x-3-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
4. Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter. Slide a baking sheet onto a lower rack to catch any butter that might overflow from the loaf pan.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.




Look how golden and chunky it looks. It's like little buttery chunks!! aka Heaven!
 
 
 
 
even Lucy wanted some! I may have accidentally dropped some on the floor for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment