Sunday, August 1, 2010

Beer Can Chicken or as Paula Deen calls it Beer in the Rear Chicken

So when you are dating you tend to meet men who simply do not have anything to eat in the house. The fridge has weird things like ketchup and bud lite ahaha! I guess you could make something out of that! Ha!

Anyway I told my fav Martian I wanted to cook dinner for him. I asked what he wanted or what his fav meal was and I got nothing! So I decided for him. I mean who doesn't like a roasted chicken.

There are so many recipes for this. I didn't use anything specific.

What you will need:
3-5 pound roasting chicken
Olive Oil
Various Spices (i used sea salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, dill, red pepper flakes)
1 can of beer
Large roasting pan

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F
rub the chicken down with olive oil
cover with your seasoning
Pour half can of beer in a cup to use for basting later
Now the fun part
carefully sit the chicken on the can of beer. Thus the beer in the rear title!
ahaha I know I know but this beer can in the butt makes the chicken super moist ahaha!!

It took about 2 hours for my birdie to cook basting it about every 30 mins. It was super yummy!!

This meal also included corn on the cob foil pack red skins and blackberry cheesecake.

Enjoy! Keep On Making Stuff!


Pack up all the left overs for the grogeryless boy to enjoy the next day!


No comments:

Post a Comment