Monday, July 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies! I went there!

Joy The Baker is one of my fav blogs to follow. She posted this little number a few back. I however do not eat meat. I know but bacon isn't meat it's a gift from heaven in the form of porky goodness.

I know I know.

Well anyway I made these for one of my most fav fellas on the planet! Keith Millard! He's a fellow foodie. I knew if I made these he would be the perfect taste tester.

So on my way home I picked up what I needed and reluctantly went home and tried to cook bacon. I've never cooked bacon before! Needless to say there was a lot of sizzling and some smoke! ahahaha!

Here is Joy's recipe and also click here to go right to her really awesome blog! OMG Oh yeah! I also made this peanut butter cookie with a dollop of NUTELLA in the middle and HOLY SMOKES!! YUMMERS!!

Keep On Making Stuff!

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda
about 6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and dices

In a skillet over medium high heat, fry up bacon until cooked through and let cool on paper towels until cool enough to dice. Dice up and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Fold in cooked bacon. Roll into large walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. If you’d like, roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before making the cris-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for five minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment