Monday, July 26, 2010

Hungry, getting late, and mushrooms that need to be used.


Mushrooms are one of my fav tings to munch on. All kinds, prepared all different ways.

I'll keep this short because well it only took about 10 minutes to make!

I could have just chowed on these raw with some balsamic but I was in the mood for something different.

These delish mushrooms were sauteed in ginger low sodium soy sauce with a touch of garlic and fresh cracked black pepper.

What you need:
1 medium sized package of mushrooms (your choice)
1/2 cup of low sodium soy (mine was ginger infused)
1 tablespoon of butter
2 heaping teaspoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper

Directions:
melt butter in a large frying pan
add mushrooms and saute till most of the water has evaporated from them (about 5-7 mins)
now add the garlic and saute mushrooms and garlic till mushrooms are golden (3-5 mins)
slowly add about half your soy and stir till it thickens.
add the rest of your soy stir
VOICI! sauteed soy glazed mushrooms

I added these tasty bits of goodness to a bowl of white rice and enjoyed them with a Lemon Peel Ginger Root Mash.(click here to see what MASH is. Go buy some you'll thank me) The MASH was the perfect drink with my quickie dinner. The lemon and ginger were a great accent!

This is a simple dish for one but can easily be added to so you can share it with your friends and fam. I can imagine this would be good in a stir fry or with some fish like salmon.

Enjoy! Keep On Making Stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment