Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Apple and Onion Pork Chops

Going to the grocery store for me is not an option when I have so much stuff in the fridge/freezer to make yummy things with!

So tonight I decided I was going to experiment with some stuff I normally would not combine....center cut pork chops, 3 small Fuji apples, and 1 large white onion. OH and one can of Bud Light.

I read this recipe on a site who knows where and when so the source like a lot of the things I make is sketchy ahaha!

It was probably Martha or something. I get lots of inspiration from her recipes.

Am I rambling again? Yes. I know.

So here it is plain and simple.

This turned out waaaayyy better then I thought and will for sure make this again and try it with chicken next time since I prefer that over pork. I enjoyed this with Pioneer Woman Crash Hot Potatoes which I blogged awhile back here POTATOEY GOODNESS(click)
Enjoy and Keep on Making Stuff!!

Ingredients:

4 chops of choice or chicken breasts

1 large white onion

3 small sweet apples cored and peeled

1 can of beer

1 cup of olive oil

seasoning of choice (i just used sea salt, fresh black pepper and dried parsley)
Directions:

pour 1/2 cup olive oil in the pan and add seasoned chops or chicken and cook/brown on both side until done

remove from pan and set aside.

leave crumbs and what not in the pan and add the other 1/2 cup of olive oil and heat.

chop onion

peel core and slice apples and add to the pan


Sautee the onions and apples until caramelized. Add half a can of beer once caramelized and let reduce a bit.

Add the chops or chicken back to the pan and cover with the apple onion mixture.

Add remaining can of beer and let simmer until reduced to a saucy goodness.


Serve with veggie or starch of choice and chow down!!!
 
OH side note my honey ate this the next day and I stole a bite and the flavor was AWESOME!!


The apple of my eye!! OMG!! HA!



this smelled soooooo good!



so i had one little sip!




served up with a crash hot potato!! Great dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment