Friday, January 21, 2011

Chocolate Crinkle Cookie = LOVE

Honestly I cook and bake the most when I have a lot on my mind or I am stressed out. What happens though is I make a ton of food and then i don't eat it so I have to give it all away.

Well normally. different story with this new cookie I just made. Over the holidays I caught a glimpse of these pretty little things and added the recipe to my "to bake" list. The only thing I wish I would have done was make them sooner.

These cookies have a great texture. It's crisp yet chewy. Chocolaty but not over whelming. Sweet but just right. This cookie is a great glass of cold milk and dunk cookie. Trust me on this one. I tested their dunk-a-bility and they passed with flying colors!

The recipes I saw all called for a ton of sugar. YUCK! I cut the sugar down in this recipe. WAY DOWN.

After I made these I added a bunch of notes to my recipe for updates. Like you could roll them in coco and sugar or one or the other. You get where I am going with this.

As you can tell by my blog I'm not all about making the complicated dessert or the 5 star dinner. I mean I do love to do these things and challenge myself but I am more about sharing the things I make and come to love. I have made a ton of things taken great pics and never posted them here because I just wasn't impressed in the end.

So know that when I post something here I am sharing something I truly hope you enjoy as much as I do.

With that being said....

Enjoy and Keep On Making Stuff!

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart and All Recipes

Ingredients
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use a generous cup because it's good!)
2 cups white sugar (i only used 1 cup)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (i used sunflower oil)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (i added a couple table spoons of white sugar too for texture)
Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours. (mine was in there over night)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.(mine actually took about 15 mins) Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.




a little ball of goodness!
 it's like a cookie parade

these cookies are so pretty

i insist you dunk one! it's a must with this cookie!

the sweet sweet ending! YUMM!!

2 comments:

  1. Great cookies Barbie! They look delicious!
    My "to bake" list is starting to look more like a library! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melita! My recipe collection is starting to get out of control. It's silly how many I have accumulated! I lI've your blof by the way. I have not seen you in forever we need to make plans sometime soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete